Nature and benefits :
The properties of each pre-impregnated material depend on the nature of the fiber, the resin matrix used, the rate of impregnation and its weaving method (taffeta, twill, satin, unidirectional, etc.). There are many glass fibers and carbon fibers of very different qualities. Looking for materials with the best mechanical properties, we have selected from manufacturers very high quality composites used in the most demanding applications: space industry, aviation, sailing, etc...
● E Glass is a composite that provides the blade with 30 to 40% more efficiency than the same plastic blade. It is the ideal choice for participants who want to benefit from the qualities of a composite material for occasional use.
● S glass will offer a 4 to 5% higher yield compared to the E glass and a better fatigue resistance of 10 to 15%. In our range, it is the fiber that will offer the best resistance in torsion. It is therefore highly recommended for sports such as hockey and underwater rugby, for hunting in a rough environment and for all athletes who often travel with their fins.
● Carbon C5 is a high module* carbon that provides high rigidity and a 15-20% higher yield compared to the same E glass blade. It is the ideal composite to appreciate all the properties of a high-end carbon.
● Carbon C8, it offers a 5% higher efficiency compared to C5. It is our best carbon that will satisfy all athletes looking for the best performance.
(*)The Young module is a unit of measurement that characterizes the rigidity of a material
Different weave styles of fabrics
Fabrics consist of at least two threads which are woven together: the warp and the weft.
The weave style can be varied according to crimp and drapeability. Low crimp gives better mechanical performance because straighter fibres carry greater loads . A dreapable fabric is easier to lay up over complex forms. There are three main weave styles.
We mainly use twill weave fabric for the good balance between drapeability and high level mechanical properties
Pre-impregnated fabrics, resistance and energy return
We don’t use high modulus carbon. Despite their high energy return, their resistance is too weak.
The footpocket and its ASSEMBLY
No performance without comfort: our range makes it possible to fit the most demanding athletes. You have to find the right balance between comfort and energy transfer.
● You are used to a branded closed-heel footpocket and you want to keep it. We offer 5 different brands: Beuchat Mundial, Pathos Fireblade, Seac motus, Mares Razor, Imersion. Each footpocket has specificities that make it more adapted to a type of foot and to certain sports. When assembling, to be able to benefit from all the blade’s flexibility, to gain weight and to improve the hydrodynamism, we mount the footpocket by cutting the side spars except for hockey and underwater rugby fins where we keep them to protect the blade. The blade's angle is 15° to which you have to add a few degrees depending on the footpocket's brand you choose. As a reminder, the angle is used to compensate for a lack of flexibility and freedom of the ankle. With 15° we ensure a good alignment between the blade and the leg without losing propulsion.
● Our classic custom footpocket is made to measure in our workshop. The ankle is completely free, so we fit it on a blade with no angle. This freedom of ankle's rotation in all directions increases the amplitude of finning and the efficiency thanks to a more precise placement of the foot on the blade. Finally, it facilitates changes of direction. It is ajustable (see 'repairs' page)
● The Hybrid custom footpocket is fitted to our bodysurf & bodyboard range and to our wings monofins. We also manufacture it in our workshop. Its shape is more hydrodynamic and its very light polyurethane sole will raise the foot. This angle generated by the sole combined with that of the blade will allow an excellent alignment of the blade and the leg. This limits all unnecessary efforts to stretch the foot perfectly and the finning is more efficient. The same advantages as the classic custom footpocket but it improves the trim in the water and therefore the hydrodynamics. 22° angle for bodysurfing & bodyboarding, 25° angle for wings monofin.
● The velcro footpocket, with the strap on the instep, allows to cover 3 sizes per footpocket, ideal for clubs: